Friday, October 26, 2012

Here are two pages of TIMEless quotes and sayings, some culled from magazines and some


computer generated.  Bleubeard's favorite is the one about time spent with cats.


I think I was trying to bring a bit of humor in "Time keeps rolling on," although I hate to admit how I believe the disabled often feel they are OUT of TIME.


The larger magazine image is only a part of the smaller version that I either had to cut off, or was missing.  The smaller image shows a guy opening one of those coats that holds many watches, most of which are dubious in nature.  I added two tiny clock embellishments to the page.



As I turned the page to take this scan, many of the tags came tumbling out.


The same thing happened on the other side, too.



The top of this is all magazine images, while the bottom has images of a stamp I borrowed, so have no idea what company they came from.  They were stamped onto some of my handmade paper.  You can tell, I didn't get all the images right the first time, so had to tear my hmp and use a different color paper.


Magazine images and part of an old birthday card were laid on top of some shaving cream paper. 


This is another tip-in I made for a swap, but this time I remembered to put a date on it (see below).  For this side, I began with paint I applied with a faux credit card, then ran it through my printer.  I also printed the "altered time" scrabble tiles on some handmade paper.  I covered an old CD with some see-through gift wrap and added a polymer clay hand.


For the back,  I also printed onto some handmade paper, including my name and swap info.  I ran the paper through my printer on best ink and quickly added embossing powder.  When I had all the papers printed and embossed, I heat set them.  Some areas of the ep took better than others.  I got the idea when I found a large piece of stretchy fabric (I have no idea what it was made of, but I suspect some form of spandex) that had all these threads removed from it.  It seemed the ideal inspiration for the concept.



This two page spread is hard to follow, since I used gold ink on most of the sentiment on the right which reads "a measure of time" on both pages.


I confess.  I was watching the big basketball weekend aka known as the NBA All Stars weekend in 2008, when I made this two page spread. I got the whistle from the internet and printed it and the wording onto red paper.


I found this image in a magazine.  Look how SHORT those uniforms are!  The black dye ink spread over the page signifies a referee's uniform.


You can't have a book on TIME and not include a few fairy tale characters!  They went well with the page next to it, I thought.


OK, what happens when you are trying to run a ring of gold leafing around a CD and the ink suddenly floods out?  You make the best of it by making it appear to be planned.  I was so lucky to have found these old calendar pages I printed out on a weekly basis from when I was in grad school.  It appears I never throw anything away.  Seems these were the remains of my birthday party.  In reality, most of this trash was leftover bits and pieces from the vinyl letters I used and were on my craft table at the time I created this page.  A genuine flopportunity.



You can see I saved a lot of words from magazines, but I also printed a lot of images on my handmade paper back then, too.  When I needed a two page spread, instead of cutting the images apart, I just used them intact.  Those are real clock hands held together with a brad in the scan from the left side of the spread.

I hope you aren't bored.  We're finally at the end of the second entry.