Friday, October 26, 2012


I got the idea for this spread from a dear friend Kayla, who at the time was 16.  This spread took SO long to put together, I though I would never finish it.  I combined 1 square inch bits of scrapbook, handmade, and hand painted paper, cardstock, book pages, and magazine images.



I believe I warned you that not all pages would be "good."  This two page spread has lots of calendar pages from various years, and shows how long I'd been collecting images and calendars.  Silver glaze was spread over both pages.



It would have been so much more enjoyable to see these two pages together.  The yarn is only attached at the two ends and under the airplane.  The yarn flops free otherwise.  I must have had a lot of extra CDs when I was making this AB.  The metallic blue and red paints were both scraped onto the background, while both CDs were covered with portions of a mileage map.



Another two page spread showing my quirky sense of humor.  The calendar on the left page is framed with four 10 cent stamps with the words "TIME FRAME" created in vinyl letters.  The frame on the right is composed of calendar pages, while the picture is an actual postcard by a famous artist, whose name I no longer remember.



This two page spread consists of some Italian calendar pages I received in a swap.  I sued an actual calendar Day Planner page for the background, a small clock embellishment, and a magazine image I embellished with real clock hands.



Why is it every clock image is positioned at 10:10?  I suspect to best show the hands.  I used a plethora of magazine images I fussy cut to create this two page spread.  Red vinyl letters partly colored in black Sharpie were used for the title.



It's amazing how relevant this two page spread has become four years after they were created. The "USA" is ribbon.


I didn't want to completely cover the words on this page because it had to do with the stock market, a money matter.  It would have worked equally well in my MONEY AB, but I liked how it complimented TIME.


Still another reference to money and time.


This was the first of six pages I created for money and time.


You would almost think this should have been in my money book.  I used this very authentic looking faux money and placed one denomination on each page.  I staggered the money, so you


 could see each as you flipped through the pages.



This is the final page of this six page spread.  It is also the last of this set of photos.  I hope you are still with me as we peruse the next set of images.