Friday, October 26, 2012






 This seems like the perfect place to start this next set of pages.  I've never been big on hodge podge collage (say that three times fast), so this was not necessarily a favorite page.  But it was a great way to use some of those extra images I had on hand.


I was leafing through a discarded textbook and found this receipt from the Wichita State Bookstore.  I have NO idea how old it is, since there doesn't seem to be a date, but it appears it is way back from when the Kansas State tax was 3%.  For a background, I used one of my calendar pages from my first year as a Ph.D. candidate.  Look at Saturday's entry.  So true!


I will include anything I can find in my ABs, including a rubber piece that went to some electronic gizmo (technical term) and a timetable from a British rails service.



I used a page from a dictionary on the left and added some stamped images, while I used two different magazine images on the right.  Looking at the picture now, I am not too happy with the red clock hands and the pink background and flower.



This is a two page spread using clock hands cut from various papers using my friend Kathy's die cutting machine.  I can only imagine how long it would have taken me to cut these by hand.


You can see why I don't like my handwriting.  Although hard to read, you can see it tells the story of the NBA weekend I created these bottle caps that I filled with tiny watch parts and a type of resin.  Apparently Bleubeard tried to help they dried.



I have a friend who sends very nice gifts that include all these awesome birthday postage stamps.  I love it when people think enough of me to use real stamps rather than meter mail.  And the present is perfect for the sentiment, too.



I confess.  I'm not a scrapbook paper kind of gal, nor do I use those cute scrapbook embellishments.  But these were simply too appropriate, so I had to use them.  After all, I found them at the dollar store!  The paper would have been a gift.  The top of this page has ribbon, although it looks a bit like paper. 



I received an awareness brochure for runaways and decided to use it mostly for the 1971 flower power.  I copied the lyrics from the song "Turn, Turn, Turn" written by Pete Seeger and made famous in the US by The Byrds.  It was taken from the book of Ecclesiastics, which I also copied, and the wording is exact, except for the last line: "a time for peace, I swear it's not too late." This line and the title phrase "Turn! Turn! Turn!" are the only parts of the lyric written by Seeger.

I think this is a good time to go to the final section of this book.