Friday, October 26, 2012

It appears these images are from very different TIME frames.  I love the mitten, the TGIF time, and the clocks on this page.


They tie in to the background of this page.  The stamped clocks are from my collection of shaving cream papers.


I must have had a lot of brads, because this page has more than I normally use in an entire book!


I couldn't help myself.  I had a lot of these words and needed to find a place for them.  I love how they all look together.  Repetition is always fun.



The background of these two pages is clock tissue paper.  The watch in the left page above was stamped on a piece of copper I cut out and added to the book.  The images on the right page are from various magazines or junk mail.



This is about as "collage-y" as I like to get.  I'm not big on hodge podge collage, so this was a big leap for me.  On the left page is handmade paper I stamped on, a clock image from a magazine, some leftover scrapbook paper, and some wrapping paper.  On the right page are two postage stamps, a bit of rubber stamping, more wrapping paper, some painted paper, and a silk flower.




I took these directly from a magazine and simply could NOT cut them up.  I also couldn't figure out how to use them any other way, so left them as they were.  Left page is day, and right page is night!



The background for these two pages was pretty bright by the time I matched the magazine images.  The only other embellishment was a tiny clock I added to the calipers.  I also printed the words (on the right page) on my printer and colored them.


It appears I must have worked on this book day and night until I finished it.  You can read it took me approximately 25 days to finish this.  Of course, I had been saving images for YEARS before that and had also been in three TIME swaps that I included as tip-ins.


It was certainly true that I was at the end of TIME.



 I looks like we are definitely out of room, so that means we are also out of time!



We've reached the end of TIME with the back cover.  I confess this is probably my favorite AB cover.  Not sure if it was because it was my first time sewing fabric for an AB, or if it was the collage I created, but I was really happy with it.  I hope you enjoyed it, too.

__________________________

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the cover of this book...gorgeous colors and texture of the sewing! And the calendar pages that you seem to think are not so good, are actually among my favorites! something about the type and style of lettering and the combination of colors and shapes...anyway, wonderful work. Almost makes me wonder why I've left AB's and gone to journals. I like the way you think, and the humor you've included. Maybe my favorite quote of all was "you can always get more money, you can't get more time." puts it all in perspective. Love it all dear, you've created a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so fun to read, love love it!! So many different ways to show time, creative and funny. I've already got a list going of "time" ideas to start when I have TIME, haha.

    AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking TIME to view my altered book. Bleubeard and Elizabeth